Education is the key to human and national development. This is the beacon of light from the light house of inspiration in the distant horizon but this was thedrum beat out of the passion of the late Mayor Celso Sarenas, the father of the former Mayor of Pantukan JC Celso V. Sarenas, ME as he sought, deep in his heart, ways to respond to help the needy and deserving, under served and under-skilled youth in the Municipality. Sometime in the 80’s, there was an established community college which was known as Pantukan Community College, but it was deactivated because of the peace and order condition in the locality. In 1997, during the term of the late Mayor Jovito D. Derla, the Sangguniang Bayan of Pantukan has been granted by the Board of Regents through its request to the University of the Southcastern Philippines (USEP) an authority to open a college as an External Studies Program of the University of the Southeastern Philippines-Mabini Campus in addition to reviving the Pantukan Community College.
The Vision of Kolchiyo ng Pantukan which is fundamental motivation of the institution is:
An institution of holistic higher learning committed to provide knowledge, attitudes, values and skills essential to personal and professional development of graduates who are catalysts of progress to provide leadership in improving the quality of human life and to respond effectively to changing society for both local and global communities. The assurance to approximate this vision, the MISSION statement of Kolehiyo ng Pantukan thus articulated.
Kolehiyo ng Pantukan exist to develop highly competent professionals committed to the total development of morally responsible individuals for life adjustment and uplift the economically deprived but deserving students through industry oriented, quality instruction, research-based extension and value-based curricula in response to the needs to times. Operationalizing this Vision and Mission are the Goals.
• Leading in the transformation of students in their total human development;
• Advancing of human knowledge through basic study and research;
• Building a diligent workforce who shall serve with dedication and commitment in the different fields of human endeavor;
• Providing programs of instruction and professional training in the fields agricultural business, education, business administration, tourism management and criminology;
• Establishing functional linkages with the government and non-government agencies and the areas of instruction, research, extension and production;
• Introducing and providing the curricula of studies/programs which are receiving emphasis in the curricula of the higher education institution; and
• Providing scholarships, assistantship and part-time jobs to poor but deserving students.